To make a short story long, I was thinking that I tried to self-syndicate Doopy Joe, (and failed, by the way) but I couldn’t remember if I submitted it to newspaper syndicates or not. I still don’t know, but I don’t think I did. So I decided to give it a try.
I figured that the first step would be to dig out the old Doopy Joe originals. At present, I have only 16 finished Doopy Joes. The syndicates ask for 24 to 36 samples. To sustain consistency, I needed to know how I made them! While digging through my boxes of artwork, and fending off several spiders, I discovered two forgotten episodes of Surewould Forest. Here is the first, and the second is forthcoming. Enjoy!
PS……..I still haven’t found the old Doopy Joe originals. I will probably have to “reverse engineer” them from the copies that I have.