The progression of color of the Flint River Collection design.
- I made a copy of the b+w version and then painted it with watercolor.
- Then, I cleaned it up a bit. Observe the rat’s tail and his tiny little rat-hands.
- Finally, after some further Photoshop color manipulation, the finished piece.
P.S……….I have closed my Patreon. I would like to thank everybody for your contributions. You are awesome! Double thanks to my best buddy, Dave Pray!
Several “Interesting Comments” below:
- The dog may be the precursor to Brian of Family Guy.
- “Chromium Brown” may indeed be a pigment of the imagination. Google it.
- My sincere apologies for the poor reproduction quality of The Anonymous comic strips. I am scanning them from a copy, and not from the originals. I don’t know if I still have the originals. If I do, they are probably buried deep in storage.
- I believe this idea was conceived after reading “Lust for Life”, a biographical novel about Vincent Van Gogh.
- Not only is he searching for a non-existent paint color, his dog is talking.
- Not only is his dog talking, but he doesn’t even have a dog.
- Make sure that your studio is well ventilated.
I give you doggy sketches but that is all. My Patrons get much more info. They get an Interesting Comment that tells them what the heck is going on here. For one dollar per month, you can make that happen. I am told that my Interesting Comments are quite witty and urbane.
Not only does Dave get to read my Interesting Comments, he also gets a free scratch pad and a customized poster. All of this because of his $5 per month pledge on Patreon. Thanks, Dave!
Click here to learn more….