This is a rare treat for all of you nonpaying fans of Small Consolation. Once in a while, for promotional purposes, you will get an extra freebie. I really like this one. This is only political if you take it that way. All I am attempting to do here is to capture truth and humor. This is the year 2020 in a nutshell. This is soon to be available on t-shirts and other products in Bird Smirk, my CafePress shop. Watch for it!
A perfect example of “The pot calling the kettle black.”
Tap the cartoon above to get more details on how to get Small Consolation four times a month!
Hey!…Hey! Al and Gloria! Thank you for being my VIP Patrons!
As I was trying to figure out what rewards I could offer on Patreon, Shout-Outs sounded appealing. But, it just didn’t seem like enough to show my appreciation. So I came up with the idea of turning my Patron’s name into a work of art! Here is my first Shout-Out…Hey!…Hey!…Dave Pray, thank you for being my first VIP Patron!
Now, I would be in a bit of a pickle if, all of a sudden, I got 1000 Patrons! But, I am sticking with this idea. You might not get your Shout-Out immediately, but rest assured, you will get it! Use your imagination on how you might want to use this. It is yours! Wallpaper, avatar, T-shirt design? Have fun with it!
Hello everybody! Today, I announce my new Patreon venture! It is dedicated to only Small Consolation, my new weekly comic panel.
In a nutshell, this is how it works. I am creating a Small Consolation every week. You can see it for free (on a monthly basis), either right here, at my Patreon site, or at my Small Consolation Facebook page.
Or, for $1 per month, you will get two Small Consolations, sent directly to you. For $3, you get three per month. And for $5, you get a Small Consolation EVERY SINGLE WEEK! Also, my $5 subscribers will get a monthly behind the scenes video of my creative processes!
Let me be clear about this. Small Consolation is going to happen every week whether or not you subscribe. However, remember, that for every free Small Consolation that you see, there are three that you are missing out on! Those three are reserved for Patrons, only. Tap on the Patreon logo below to get more info. Thank you!
The progression of color of the Flint River Collection design.
- I made a copy of the b+w version and then painted it with watercolor.
- Then, I cleaned it up a bit. Observe the rat’s tail and his tiny little rat-hands.
- Finally, after some further Photoshop color manipulation, the finished piece.
P.S……….I have closed my Patreon. I would like to thank everybody for your contributions. You are awesome! Double thanks to my best buddy, Dave Pray!
Several “Interesting Comments” below:
- The dog may be the precursor to Brian of Family Guy.
- “Chromium Brown” may indeed be a pigment of the imagination. Google it.
- My sincere apologies for the poor reproduction quality of The Anonymous comic strips. I am scanning them from a copy, and not from the originals. I don’t know if I still have the originals. If I do, they are probably buried deep in storage.
- I believe this idea was conceived after reading “Lust for Life”, a biographical novel about Vincent Van Gogh.
- Not only is he searching for a non-existent paint color, his dog is talking.
- Not only is his dog talking, but he doesn’t even have a dog.
- Make sure that your studio is well ventilated.
I give you doggy sketches but that is all. My Patrons get much more info. They get an Interesting Comment that tells them what the heck is going on here. For one dollar per month, you can make that happen. I am told that my Interesting Comments are quite witty and urbane.